The overall goal of this CME certified, online activity is to provide an evidence-based approach for diagnosing, managing, and treating patients with acute pulmonary embolism through a case presentation.
This activity is intended for cardiovascular physicians, family physicians, internists, nurses, and physician assistants.
Date of Release: April 12, 2016
Term of Approval/Date of CME Expiration: April 12, 2017
After completing the activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Diagnose acute pulmonary embolism (PE) based on pretest probability.
- Risk-stratify the patient with acute PE.
- Select the appropriate treatment for acute PE based on the patient’s risk.
- Be familiar with prediction rules in acute PE to assess the patient’s prognosis.
Method of Participation and Claiming Credit
ACCF Case Vignettes feature case information and questions. To be eligible for credit, you must attain a score of 70% or better on the questions included in the activity.
Requesting AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™ for this Activity
To request credit, you must:
- Read all text and view all tables and/or figures in the case for which you wish to receive credit.
- Answer the questions in each case for which you wish to claim credit. After you have answered all the questions, click on the Exam Summary button. A Claim Credit button will appear on this page if you have achieved a passing score of 70% or better. If you did not achieve a passing score, please click the Reset Scores link and retake the exam.
- Click the Claim Credit button and answer the evaluation questions in the pop-up window.
- Enter the total amount of time you actually spent in the activity in the box provided. Please note that you may only claim once for each module in this activity. Click Submit.
- You will receive a message that your request has been submitted and a link to view your certificate. You may view and download the certificate when you receive the message, you may also view it at any time in the My Transcript section of My ACC.