The overall goal of this CME certified, online activity is to change your knowledge base for TID detected on nuclear stress tests.
The American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ACCF designates this enduring material for a maximum of up to .25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
While offering CME credits noted above, this program is not intended to provide extensive training or certification in the field.
This activity is intended for cardiovascular physicians, adult physicians, and surgeons.
Date of Release: February 13, 2017
Term of Approval/Date of CME Expiration: February 13, 2018
After completing the activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Describe the pathophysiologic mechanisms of transient ischemic dilation (TID).
- Define the abnormal TID threshold based on the protocol and tracer used.
- Discuss the incremental diagnostic and prognostic value of TID over myocardial perfusion alone.
Method of Participation and Claiming Credit
ACCF Case Vignettes feature case information and questions. To be eligible for credit, you must attain a score of 70% or better on the questions included in the activity.
Requesting AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credit™ for this Activity
To request credit, you must:
- Read all text and view all tables and/or figures in the case for which you wish to receive credit.
- Answer the questions in each case for which you wish to claim credit. After you have answered all the questions, click on the Exam Summary button. A Claim Credit button will appear on this page if you have achieved a passing score of 70% or better. If you did not achieve a passing score, please click the Reset Scores link and retake the exam.
- Click the Claim Credit button and answer the evaluation questions in the pop-up window.
- Enter the total amount of time you actually spent in the activity in the box provided. Please note that you may only claim once for each module in this activity. Click Submit.
- You will receive a message that your request has been submitted and a link to view your certificate. You may view and download the certificate when you receive the message, you may also view it at any time in the My Transcript section of My ACC.